Today I took over the Tumblr API module from the Jeff Eaton. Jeff had done some initial work on building a pretty solid API to interact with Tumblr's API, but never got around to doing any more with it. I did some work that I was going to offer as a patch, but Jeff decided to just let me run with the module.
I just gave 2 talks at Drupal Camp NYC and wanted to make sure to put some links up for people to follow.
This afternoon I took my parents and my brother to see Yankee Stadium. We hopped on the 4 train when we were done.
So often there are very simple tasks that never make it into a proper module. Today the need arose for one of these tasks and I decided to take the small amount of time to do it right.
the good thing abt poll and one of the main reasons they keep it in core is that it always breaks
While working on a module last night, I couldn’t figure out why I couldn’t get caching to work. I have done object caching at least a dozen times before but I couldn’t figure out why I was not able to get the cached object back. Here’s the code I was using:
I’m always on the lookout for a high-quality html/css template. I found StyleShout.com after reading Walkah's post about building a Drupal theme out of the VectorLover template. That’s where I found KeepItSimple, a simple, clean and full-featured template.
I’ve been working on this rather large project that must make several REST based web service calls for each page generation. Each call can be cached for a different amount of time, ranging anywhere from 1 minute to 1 hour depending on the method being called. So I set out to make sure that the results of all of these calls were being cached for the appropriate amount of time.
I got an email the other day informing me that a blog author on a site I had build could not post comments on his own blog. Authenticated users were not having the same problem, just the blog author. So using devel, I switched to his user account and tried it myself.